Sellchology Sales Training
Jonathan Dawson is an automotive consultant, sales trainer, author, speaker and coach. For 14 years, he has been helping dealerships and sales teams improve sales, reduce turnover and implement effective marketing strategies.
His core teaching philosophy is known as Sellchology - Selling through Psychology. This approach focuses on understanding buying behavior and why some sales methods are more effective than others. Salespeople and managers who understand why a technique works become more educated, empowered and effective.
Having been in thousands of dealerships across the country, Jonathan’s goal is to help dealerships learn how to out-experience their competition by creating a unique culture. This approach is a combination of customer-focused selling, community-driven marketing and people-focused leadership.
Jonathan is known for his conversational teaching style and common sense approach. His information is fresh and practical because he is in dealerships every month and still sells cars.
In addition to consulting with dealer clients, Jonathan frequently speaks at conferences, state association and 20 group meetings. He is a best-selling published author and a contributing writer for industry publications.
As a consultant to dealer operators and general managers, Jonathan helps dealerships realize their vision, mission and goals. Here are examples of areas he consults dealers on:
Creating a healthy culture and team
- Developing a strong customer-centric and profit-minded culture
- Helping define the mission, vision statement and the company’s core values
- Strategic planning and forecasting for growth
- Recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of team members
- Pay plan review and modifications to incentivize and increase the desired behaviors and results
Improving efficiency in processes
- Maximizing the facility and customer experience
- Creating or fine-tuning the sales process to make it more efficient and profitable
- Inventory control and merchandising strategies
- Pricing strategies and converting dealerships to new pricing models (value pricing, one-price, etc.)
Increasing dealership opportunities for sales and service
- Brand and marketplace positioning in your community and sales area
- Unique and compelling marketing and promotional strategies: e-marketing, mobile, social, digital, print, radio, TV, community-based and cause-based campaigns