Send your sales team to this innovative seminar to learn sales, people, marketing and attitude management skills. The seminar is facilitated by Jonathan Dawson. As a sales trainer and speaker who still sells cars, Jonathan is constantly given the opportunity to discover and implement new techniques that work in the real world of automotive retail sales.
What Will You Learn?
- Sales Skills – How to sell through psychology to increase your leads and sales
- People Skills – How to communicate and adapt to different customer personalities, cultures, genders or shopping styles
- Marketing Skills – How to network and prospect using social media and many other FREE technology tools to create your own leads and increase sales
- Mastering Your Mind – How to set goals, get motivated to sell more, stay on your game and get organized
8:30am – 9:30am
Professional Phone Skills (exclusive for VIP or Sellchology clients1)
- The 4 things you must say at the beginning of the call or your appointment ratio drops by 60%
- How to use educational selling to RESET the buyer’s criteria and separate yourself from the competition.
- How to get their info EVERY TIME – even from reluctant shoppers!
- Handling the 5 most difficult situations you will get on a call:
- I’m shopping so what’s the best price you can do?
- I don’t want to come in unless you can tell me my trade value!
- What’s my rate and I don’t want you to pull my credit?
- I won’t come in unless you can match or beat …
- I don’t want to give you my information right now…
- The #1 mistake salespeople make when “ASKING” for the appointment.
- The 3 steps to (re)create urgency to get them to want to come in.
- 2 choices with your follow up strategy:
- Consistency (multiple impressions over time)
- Creativity (significant impact moments)
- Follow up secrets from a 70 units a month salesperson! – Why you’ve been doing it wrong this whole time!
- The 12 most powerful voicemail messages you have ever heard – they will BLOW you away with their power and simplicity.
10:00am – 1:00pm
Morning Session – Sales Skills
Sales psychology, principles, processes and more! In the morning session attendees will learn how to identify and adapt the psychology of successful selling into their personality and processes, making them more effective and efficient. You will learn powerful ideas such as:
Psychology of gaining common ground
- How to use psychology in your opening up of the sale.
- Paradigm shift – Introducing objections NOT overcoming.
- 5 most common challenges in the beginning of the sale:
- “Just looking”
- “Not buying today”
- “Don’t have any time”
- “What’s your best price”
- “You’re my first stop”
- How to turn “questions” into opportunities to do business!
- Change these 3 words or… LOSE SALES.
- The #1 mistake salespeople make when starting the sale.
Principles of effective value building
- Hot button selling means selling solutions not products!
- How to get your customer to tell you EXACTLY how to sell them a car in under 3 minutes.
- Why your walk-around probably sucks and which 3 things you should change.
- Best demo drives to drive profit:
- Frosty Challenge
- Honey, I’m home
- HiHo HiHo
- Dream weaver
- The Power of creating “mental ownership” before numbers!
- The worst trial closing question you are using right now. I will help you fix it!
Using psychology in your closing
- Building a commitment before you ever ask for one.
- How to use different kinds of closes stacked on top of each other to build momentum to the close.
- The best way to set expectations up-front and early.
- How to become an expert authority in the mind of your customers while you are closing the deal.
- The best closes for:
- “I want more for my trade”
- “The price is too high!”
- “I want to think about it.”
1:00pm – 5:00pm
Afternoon Session – People Skills and Relationship Building
Personalities, communication, cross-selling and more! One of the biggest challenges we face in the people business is communicating with, working with, and dealing with people. We will be exploring simple to implement strategies for enhancing your people skills. These strategies are based in psychology and are therefore able to be duplicated and integrated into any sales process. We will be discussing topics such as:
Connecting with different personalities
- 4 dominant personality types:
- Quickly identify your client’s personality.
- Adapt your language and behaviors.
- Don’t make the #1 mistake rookies make!
- What do you do if you don’t like your customer?
- Why they may “like” you but not buy from you.
- How to maximize every opportunity you have by connecting with them personally.
- Why empathy is your secret weapon and how to use it.
- How to hit “RESET” if you start off wrong.
- When to let go of a customer and get out of your own way.
Mastering the art of communication:
- You think you sell cars? The TRUTH about your real job!
- 20 power words and phrases to open up your customer.
- You’ll love how simple it is to use NLP (Neuro-Linguistic-Programming) in your conversations with your customers.
- The 4 areas you must be aware of or you will self-sabotage your sale!
- Word selection – poison or fruit; you choose
- Tonality – confident vs. arrogant
- Inflection – engaging or indifferent
- Body language/mirroring – mirror, don’t mimic
- Learn how your energy will make or break the sale!
Learning to cross-sell to different groups
- Building a connection with different groups:
- Cross-cultural selling
- Cross-gender selling
- Cross-economical selling
- Cross-demographical selling
- How to dominate your marketplace by opening up new markets.
- Discover the main reason you are having a hard time connecting and cross-selling.
- Fix this one thing and start selling more NOW!
- Become a niche marketer to target groups
8:30am – 9:30am
Prospecting and Marketing LIKE A BOSS! (exclusive for VIP or Sellchology clients1)
Attracting the best clients for you
- The 2 types of referral business you can build:
- Passive (happens to you)
- Proactive (you make happen)
- Why you are not getting as many referral sales as you deserve each month and how to change that IMMEDIATELY!
- How to ask for and get HUNDREDS of referral introductions every month!
- What to do to connect with a referral in a meaningful way.
Network to build your NETworth
- The 5 words that are your most powerful weapon in networking – AND YOU NEVER SAY THEM!
- Getting your name in front of TEN’s of THOUSAND’s of people every month – FOR FREE!
- How to build a network of RAVING FANS and separate yourself from your competition.
10:00am – 1:00pm
Morning Session – Marketing Skills
Social media, email, digital marketing and more! So many sites! So many tools and so much technology! How do you know where to direct your energy and how to leverage FREE tools into money-making opportunities? Discover ways to grow your business like:
Turning Social into Serious LEADS
- What to do if you don’t know what to do online.
- Why they may “Like” you but not buy from you.
- 5 steps to build an online brand and following:
- Define your message
- Protect your persona
- Deliver value/content
- Become a bridge
- Interact & engage
- How to turn “Likes” into LEADS.
- Change these 3 things every month or else…
- The #1 mistake salespeople make when selling on social.
How to use email today
- Email Secrets from MILLIONAIRE marketers.
- How to get your emails seen, read, and responded to.
- Why your emails probably suck and what to do about it.
- Best subject lines:
- The Power of P.S. statements – how to end an email
- C.T.A.’s – What are the 4 levels of a Call to Action and which one should you use in your emails?
Digital tools for driving traffic
- Building a personal website and driving traffic to it and through it to your store.
- How to use ads to generate and convert leads into sales.
- Which tools and technology you should use for digital marketing.
- How to become Googleable and leverage a BILLION dollar tool to grow sales.
- The power of reviews:
- How to ask for them to get 400% more
- The 3 rules of reviews to rake in sales.
- Which review sites are worth your time.
1:00pm – 5:00pm
Afternoon Session – Mastering Your Mind
Attitude, goal setting, staying organized and more! What makes you work? That question can be easily read two ways: how does your mind work, and what MOTIVATES you to work? I want to help you answer both questions in this powerful session about the most important resource you have: your mind! You will learn ideas such as:
How to gain and maintain the right attitude
- Why your best weapon is your attitude:
- How to STAY ON YOUR GAME!
- How to turn a “tough deal” into a great month.
- Snapping out of a funk FAST.
- Eliminating the roller-coaster months
- A healthy attitude is a healthy bank account.
- Increasing your highs and reducing your lows.
- Why your words may hold the key to your success.
- 3 mental tricks you can play on yourself to change your attitude immediately.
- How your physiological state affects your mental state.
Setting compelling goals that motivate
- The difference between a Goal, a Wish, and a Want.
- How millionaires set goals – want to bet a million dollars they do it differently than you!
- The 5 steps to writing a goal to guarantee it happens:
- What should you focus on when you write your goals?
- Why you must write your goals!
- When should you review your goals?
- Who you should (OR should not) share your goals with.
- How to write them so that they actually inspire you!
- Making the next year one of the BEST years you’ve ever had in the car business.
Staying focused, organized and consistent
- Planning your day for success – keeping the MAIN thing the MAIN thing!
- 3 different kinds of planning methods. Which one works best for you:
- Chunking method
- The power of focus:
- How questions shape your focus.
- ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE you can’t fail!
- Change yourself from the inside out – so it sticks!
1 Any current client receiving in-house Sellchology training or Sellchology University on-demand services is eligible for discounted pricing. If a dealership signs up for Sellchology services prior to the seminar, they will be eligible for discounted seminar pricing. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about discount eligibility.